Lord knows Mother’s Day is for lavish brunches and bottomless mimosas, so let’s not forget the thumping hearts of our favorite carnivorous man in life: our father. Keep the floppy hats at home at these hip locales to take your dad for a hearty Father’s Day weekend meal:
- Try the newest restaurant in the hippest neighborhood in town, Parsons Chicken & Fish. I can’t yet put my personal stamp of approval on the fried chicken joint from Longman & Eagle, but Eater promises it’s “well worth the long waits.” A Foursquare user suggests buying a drink while you wait (and bond with Dad).
- Celebrate Father’s Day and National Bourbon Day simultaneously at Porkchop, a cozy restaurant and bar in the West Loop, this Friday. Choose a bourbon flight ($22-23) to complement their Southern-style fried chicken.
- Have Dad learn to mix cocktails like the tattooed mixologist he was in a past life at Cityscape Bar this Thursday, on the 15th floor of the the surprisingly cool Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza. The event’s free, but a reservation is required to email@example.com. Take him to dinner afterward to soak up all that bourbon.
- Treat Dad to the manliest brunch he can get his hardened hands on at Frontier this Sunday, with non-motherly treats such as a porketta carving station. Call 312-869-4803 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a reservation.
- If your dad prefers to take it easy on this one day each year where you should do whatever he wants, prepare this easy, delicious recipe and tell him how much you love him.